Mustang residents without a High School Diploma Are Eligible to Enroll in Gale Presents: Excel Adult High School
Back-to-school season creates a renewed feeling of potential. Kids are collecting school supplies, teachers are decorating classrooms, and some adults are finding ways to continue their education. At Mustang Public Library, adults 25 and older, have the opportunity to finish high school online with Gale Presents: Excel Adult High School. This accredited program, provided by Gale, part of Cengage Group, helps adults graduate high school in a flexible environment, entirely online, and with dedicated support from success coaches and tutors. With the ability to transfer existing credits and earn a high school diploma in 24 months or less, Excel Adult High School makes adults more motivated than ever to go back to school.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics,1 high school graduates in the United States earn nearly $10,000 more annually than those without a high school diploma, experience lower unemployment rates than the national average, and are less likely to live in poverty.
Mustang Public Library is excited to bring adults in our community this second chance to advance their educations and achieve their career goals. Earning a high school diploma can change a person’s life, and Gale Presents: Excel Adult High School allows us to lower the barrier to graduation in Mustang.
“We’re proud to help Mustang Public Library make a positive impact in their community by offering Gale Presents: Excel Adult High School,” said Shawn Clark, senior vice president, of domestic learning, at Gale. “This flexible high school completion program proves it’s never too late to earn your diploma and go after your dreams. We hope this access inspires more adults in Mustang to return to school this fall.”
Mustang Public Library will award scholarships for Gale Presents: Excel Adult High School to residents who qualify. Features of the program:
● The accredited high school diploma is accepted by colleges, employers, and the military (it isn’t an equivalency exam).
● The 21.5-credit curriculum is aligned to national standards. Learners can select from more than 100 core academic, elective, and college-level courses.
● There’s no cost to eligible students.
● The program is 100% online, with 24/7 access to courses.
● The schedule is flexible and self-paced—learners can finish in 24 months or less. Students can graduate sooner with transfer credits.
● Transfer credits are accepted from previous high school(s) and passed portions of the GED®, HiSET®, or TASC exams.
● Unlimited one-on-one tutoring sessions and support from success coaches are offered.
● Course translations and read-aloud tools for English language learners are available.
● Students can earn up to 21 free college credits through ACE (American Council on Education) courses.
● The counseling team can assist with course selection, college planning, and career guidance.
Interested residents can visit https://www.excelhighschool.or... to learn more about Gale Presents: Excel Adult High School.